31 December 2014

1 Year Blogiversary



Maybe you could tell from the title and this celebratory collage, that is was my one year blogiversary! I wasn't sure the exact date I created my blog but do know it was late December so why not add to the new year's celebration? This year has honestly flown by and I have almost enjoyed its entirety, which I could not say for some previous years. I owe a lot to everyone who takes time out of their own lives to be interested in mine and am immensely grateful for all the wonderful comments that I receive. I must admit I am a terrible blogger and my posts always seem to begin with an apology for missing last weeks post!

I may have mentioned in previous posts that my goal after one year was 10 followers and it is incredible to see how much further I have come. If I combine my bloglovin and gfc followers, I am close to 200 which is just CRAZY! I have to add though that I try not to get fixated on these numbers but rather focus on the quality of my posts.

If you are a frequent reader here, (I LOVE YOU) you may have noticed a few changes around here. I thought I'd change things up for the new year, and I was also getting bored with my last design. Mainly, I remade my header and cleared out my sidebar but I am fairly new at this and learning html has been a struggle. I do find that actually having to code helps you learn, and I am thankful to blogging for helping me learn this new skill. I am also thankful to blogging for all the new people I have met. I love how there is a community of teen bloggers who all support one another and I have made some new friends this year, who I otherwise wouldn't have met if it were not for my blog.

On a separate note a few weeks ago I came across a post by Carly from Zauzerbear, which inspired me to try and photograph the stars. If you haven't heard of Carly, GO NOW! She is an incredible girl who along with her partner in crime Silkworm share amazing adventures on her blog.

You should definitely check out her post because her photos are infinitely better than mine. She also has made a tutorial sheet on her post so you can try it out too.





Hope everyone has a great new year!

Martha xx



9 comments:

  1. Happy 1st blogiversary! Also your photos of the stars are gorgeous :)
    Have a great new year.
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and have a great year too! xx

      Delete
  2. I love your new header, and happy blogiversary! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have an awesome blog!

    ~Racic
    washed-water.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  4. Em parceria com a Google e com o Grupo VIP oferecemos telas mosquiteiras SP importadas dos estados unidos aos clientes que querem proteção e bem-estar para sua família, isto porque o produto não propaga chamas, fungos ou mofos, são telas de fácil limpeza e protegem sua família contra picadas de insetos, principalmente os mosquitos da dengue. Telas mosquiteiras em São Paulo, telas mosquiteiras campinas, telas mosquiteiras valinhos, telas mosquiteiras vinhedo, telas mosquiteiras granja vianna, telas mosquiteiras alphaville, telas mosquiteiras tamboré , telas mosquiteiras jundiai.

    telas mosquiteiras para idústrias de alimentos , telas mosquiteiras SP, telas mosquiteiras empresas químicas, telas mosquiteiras vinhedo, telas mosquiteiras granja vianna, telas mosquiteiras alphaville, telas mosquiteiras tamboré , telas mosquiteiras SP.


    ReplyDelete
  5. hi! i was just wondering how you get rid of the grey shadow all around the main part of the blog? i have a blogspot blog too, and i cant seem to figure it out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This worked for me. Go to Design - template - customise - advanced - css. Insert this code

      .content-outer, .main-inner .widget, .date-outer {
      /* remove borders by xomisse */
      -moz-box-shadow: none !important;
      -goog-ms-box-shadow: none !important;
      -webkit-box-shadow:none !important;
      box-shadow:none !important;
      }

      I hope this works for you! xx

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts and opinions so please comment. If you have a blog of your own feel free to add your url. xxxxx