10 October 2014

Blogging Tips // 1

Sorry for last week's absence but I am back with a little bit of a different post for you today.

I would definitely not call myself an expert in any aspect of blogging but I thought I'd start to share little tips and tricks I've picked up along my blogging journey. Because I use blogger, all these tips will apply to blogger, so sorry if that's not the platform you use. I'll hopefully carry on this little series to help any beginners out there make the most out of their blog.


1// Removing the picture shadow border
before
after
Go to Template > Customise > Advanced > Add CSS

Copy and paste this code into your CSS

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container, .Profile img, .Image img,
.BlogList .item-thumbnail img {
  padding: none !important;
  border: none !important;
  background: none !important;
  -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important;
  -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important;
  box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important;}



2// Removing your Navbar

before

after

Go to Layout  > Navbar(it's in the top right corner) and  select off



3// Centre your header

Template > Customise > Advanced > Add CSS

Add this code
#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align:center !important;}


I hope these helped a few of you and I'll do some more complicated tutorials in the future.

Martha xo



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I just started my own blog and this helped heaps. love your blog by the way
    Emma
    wavesofpretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts and opinions so please comment. If you have a blog of your own feel free to add your url. xxxxx