29 August 2014

Woodland Watercolours in a Woodland Treehouse

Hello again lovely followers! I've been hurriedly organising things for my return to school,  which I actually went back to today. This year is going to be a busy one, so I am enjoying my free nights before the buckets of homework appear.

Lately I have been creating a few furry creatures. I love making up characters and designing their look, I often have to resketch them about 20 times until I am totally happy with the way they look. Currently I am working on a few woodland animals, a bear, a badger and a hedgehog to be exact. I am still not 100% happy with them, but I don't know if I'll ever be!

I love spending time in my treehouse, surrounded by fresh air, bird song and the whisper of trees in the wind. My dad actually designed and built it (with a little help from me and my sister), and it is so amazing! I slept in it quite a few nights this summer and it's so lovely to fall asleep surrounded by the beautiful outdoors. I thought it was appropriate to do some woodland watercolours in my woodland treehouse.












See you next week!

Martha xo



4 comments:

  1. You have a treehouse? Oh my, you're so lucky >.< and great illustrations too, i love the colour of your watercolor pallete :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I would definitely read a book with such adorable illustrations.
    Just out of curiosity, do you plan to take ahead your illustration as a career? You'd be so damn good! :)

    Minna xx
    www.minnabansal.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Minna! At the minute it doesn't look like it. I'm dropping art at school next year because it is such a controlled course and I don't get to do what I want. I will still be drawing though and if life leads me towards being an illustrator I think that would be amazing. xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Martha!
      I understand completely about not enjoying something you really really like when it's given to you as a curriculum or in a structured manner. I've stopped a couple of art classes myself because of the same reason, and am having an average time at architecture school because of the very structured syllabus. Here's to hoping we both find a place for our passions in the journey ahead :)
      Keep at it!

      Minna xx

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts and opinions so please comment. If you have a blog of your own feel free to add your url. xxxxx