16 March 2014

DIY // Homemade stamps


Lately, I've been obsessed with making stamps, so I thought I'd do a post on it.
I used to just carve them out of old rubbers but recently got a sheet of lino and have been using that too.
They are so quick and easy to make and can be used to decorate everything!



These are a few of my favourites and most used.


To make your own, all you really need is : lino or a rubber/eraser (whatever you call them)
                                                                           a craft knife to carve or you can buy special carving                like above from most craft stores or online
 ink

REMEBER: if you are doing writing on your stamp, you need to carve it in backwards so it prints forwards. An easy way to draw it on backwards is to draw it forwards on a piece of paper, then set it on top of your rubber and scribble over the back to transfer the pencil lines.

If you need inspiration for new stamps, I get most of my inspiration of pinterest. It is full of wonderful ideas and beautiful photos. If you don't have pinterest I strongly advise you to join.
You can find mine here

Martha xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and opinions so please comment. If you have a blog of your own feel free to add your url. xxxxx